If you email forms from QuickBooks (Invoices, Sales Receipts, reports, etc.) using the QuickBooks Email service, your email may not be seen by the recipient. Just because you send form via email from QuickBooks, doesn’t mean that you are affected, as there are 3 ways to send forms from QuickBooks, but only one of them is affected, the QuickBooks Email service.
Around April 6th Yahoo began imposing a stricter email validation policy that unfortunately caused Intuit to make some changes to how it delivers email messages. The change by Yahoo was intended to prevent “spoofing” of email by spammers. It impacts many other legitimate emails from other services and not just Intuit. You can read more about the change here: http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/yahoo-email-anti-spoofing-policy-breaks-mailing-lists-240068?page=0,0
The change Intuit made was to send emails using the address replyTo@qbdt.intuit.com. This allows emails to be received by the majority of email providers, however it still may get flagged as spam and redirected to the Spam folder. Recipients of these emails should still be able to view and reply to them just as before the change.
Each email provider is different, but here are some common methods to prevent emails from automatically being flagged as spam:
- Add the address replyTo@qbdt.intuit.com to your contacts list.
- Create a filter or rule that will ensure any emails from replyTo@qbdt.intuit.com get placed in the Inbox.
QuickBooks has two other methods for sending emails which use your email address to send from reducing the chance of it being flagged as spam:
- Set up your webmail service in QuickBooks. This method will allow you to use your personal webmail address.
- If you have Microsoft’s Outlook program installed, you can choose to use that to send emails:
- Open QuickBooks and log in to your company file.
- Click the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Send Forms option on the left-hand panel and click the My Preferences tab.
- Select Outlook from the list.
Note: Click here if Outlook is installed but is not showing as an option.