|Effective June 1, 2018, all services within QuickBooks Desktop will need to meet updated system requirements. These industry standard security requirements will provide greater security and stability with TLS 1.2, an internet security protocol. To learn more about TLS 1.2, click here.
How does this impact you?
If these requirements are not met, services impacted include, but are not limited to the following:
- Connected services such as Payroll, Payments, Online Banking, etc.
- QuickBooks Desktop activation on a new computer
- Password reset tool
- Services that require Intuit account credentials such as My apps, secure webmail, contributed reports, etc.
- Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- Ordering checks and supplies
What do you need to do?
Please take the following steps by May 31, 2018 to ensure uninterrupted QuickBooks services:
- Make sure the QuickBooks Desktop version you are using is updated to the latest release.
- Run the TLS 1.2 Readiness tool from this QuickBooks article on the computer where QuickBooks is installed to confirm your system readiness for TLS 1.2.
- If the TLS 1.2 Readiness tool indicates failure, you should review the details here to take the necessary steps.
For additional information, please see this QuickBooks article.
Thank you for being a valued QuickBooks Desktop customer.
The QuickBooks Desktop Team